This is the job for practical folks who enjoy good food and a clean kitchen.
Arrive half and hour before the pot luck.
Accept potluck contributions and store as appropriate for during worship.
1. Cold items go in the frig.
2. Items that need to be kept warm go in the oven (be sure the oven is turned on to warm)
3. Items in crock pots can be plugged in along the serving counter.
Prepare coffee and tea.
After meeting start the coffee and the hot water.
Make sure someone is setting up tables for potluck.
Set out items that go on the tables: tablecloths, caddies that contain eating utensils, napkins, salt and pepper.
Set out potluck items from frig and oven using hot pads on the kitchen counter.
Have people do any last-minute details to the food they brought such as toss salads.
Serve and eat.
Open the cabinet and pull out the shelf with the garbage can.
Provide a rubber scraper and have everyone scrape their plate into the garbage.
Load and run the dishwashers.
Put any clean utensils and napkins back in their drawers.
Stack the caddies.
Clean and put away the coffee pot and tea kettle.
Put away the teas.
Wash the counters and any items that can’t go in the dishwasher.
Collect the used table cloths and napkins. Give them to whoever is going to launder them.
Sweep the kitchen floor.
Monthly Outdoor Activities
These are the tasks for folks who love to garden. They are available on a monthly basis, your choice of what day/time works for you. Please coordinate with other Outdoor volunteers of the month.
- Weeder. Bring your own gloves and kneeling pad. Put yard waste in appropriate recepticle for pick up.
- Lawn Mower. Electric Lawn mower is in the shed. Plug it in outdoor socket and away you go.
- Shrubbery Trimmer. We have an electric hedge trimmer in the work room. Our landscaping is mature and in need of manicure. Hint: signs in the hedge at the parking lot entrance should be clearly visible.